Our client is a healthcare organization that provides multi-specialty medical services throughout the South Florida area.
The Healthcare Data Analyst will be responsible for gathering and analyzing healthcare data from multiple sources (e.g. insurance processing, clinical operations, and patient behavior) to extract trends and business insights. Then evaluates encounter data and identifies errors created by operational processes, claims and eligibility processes. Must research the analysis and categorize the encounter. The primary responsibility for this position is to fully support the ongoing healthcare business intelligence and data analytics objectives. To succeed in this role, you should be analytical, resourceful and works under moderate supervision.
Our client is seeking an individual who is skilled in the use of Excel and SQL databases for data analysis.
- Provides consulting and analytic services to leadership
- Monitors encounter data from various databases and creates monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc reports
- Deliver reports in pre-defined formats
- Present and explain information in an accessible way (i.e. budgeting reports, cost and claims or clinical data)
- Summarizes large volumes of encounter data in analytical reports that include tables and graphs for management review and use
- Reviews and ensures accuracy of reports and corrects discrepancies
- Programs using Excel, Access, and SQL or other appropriate software to generate reports based on input/direction from management and other report users
- Collaborates with other departments and vendors to identify missing data, errors, or other anomalies; works with them to correct these encounter data errors, gather necessary information and provide guidance on regulatory reporting needs
- Building models and analyzing data to discover discrepancies and patterns
- Pull and integrate data from sets (i.e. budgeting reports, cost and claims or clinical data)
- Collaborate with management and internal teams to implement and evaluate improvements
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel/ MS Access
- Strong knowledge of SQL – Formulate analytic questions as database queries